Gender diversity leads to greater creativity and success.
Encouraging gender diversity and inclusion within your business is a critical step for growth, allowing your team to be more innovative with different perspectives and information processing styles.
In the cybersecurity sector there is a still significant gender inequality, especially at ground level. Though some top jobs are held by women, they continue to struggle to enter the industry and break through the glass ceiling.
The Women in Cybersecurity event is an opportunity to recognise leading women in cybersecurity, learn from their stories and host discussions that look to inspire better gender diversity in the cybersecurity sector.
Sessions will provide
(ISC)² is an international nonprofit membership association focused on inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. Best known for the acclaimed Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) certification, (ISC)² offers a portfolio of credentials that are part of a holistic, pragmatic approach to security. Our vision is supported by our commitment to educate and reach the general public through our charitable foundation – The Center for Cyber Safety and Education™.
Become a sponsor!
Fully integrated event sponsorship opportunities are available to help you achieve specific business objectives and maximise your brand’s exposure before, during and after the event.
10:00am – 10:05 am
Welcome Remarks and Explanation of features of the platform
10:10am – 10:40am
We know the stories, but what is the reality of women’s representation within the sector in numbers? How Have Women Succeeded In the Sector So Far?
- Why does Cyber Security have an image problem and how to address it?
- What opportunities have emerged since the start of the pandemic with vast swathes of the workforce being based at home?
- Gain tips on how to progress in the industry
10:45am – 11:25am
Panel Discussion: Influencers and Industry Role Models Discuss the Impact of the past 12 months
Cyber security is an industry which is growing and offers job security, so why aren’t we seeing more women?
The fear factor – what is putting men off supporting women?
The impact of the pandemic on roles for women – the positives and negatives of working from home
11:30am – 12:15pm
Developing a growth Mindset
Why curiosity is a superpower and essential for career progression?
- How to harness the skills of your workforce for better business results
- How to turn failure into success
The Leadership Skills Toolkit
What do you need to learn to progress from middle manager to leader?
- What are the most important skills for Cyber Security leaders?
- How do you get yourself noticed and advance your career?
Working in the Virtual World
How can you stand out in a world of virtual meetings with 20+ participants?
- Discuss how to communicate effectively in a virtual world
- Learn tips for making yourself heard on zoom meetings and events
- How can you increase your social media presence?
Lunch and Screen Break
Interview: A Leader’s Story: How have they overcome challenges in their career and supported diversity?
- Taking the road less traveled – learn why this leader chose a career in cyber security
- Hear concrete examples of how diversity has lead to greater innovation
- How do you continue your career development and your desire to grow when there are so few women to follow?
Data Presentation: STEM, Training & Hiring: What are the systems and processes that need to be put in place to create a more gender diverse future workforce?
- How AI (Artificial Intelligence) can be utilised to support diversity?
- What training can be given company-wide?
- What recruitment strategies have been shown to work?
Panel Discussion: Practical Tips for Allies -How everyone can play a part in improving gender diversity in the industry?
- What male allies can do to support and encourage women into the industry
- Inclusive recruitment – how to broaden your company’s appeal
- Building your culture – how to bring disparate groups together and create an environment where people want to stay
- How to foster a sense of belonging
Closing Keynote: A Vision for the Future Cybersecurity Workforce