Gender diversity leads to greater creativity and success.
Encouraging gender diversity and inclusion within your business is a critical step for growth, allowing your team to be more innovative with different perspectives and information processing styles.
In the cybersecurity sector there is a still significant gender inequality, especially at ground level. Though some top jobs are held by women, they continue to struggle to enter the industry and break through the glass ceiling.
The Women in Cybersecurity event is an opportunity to recognise leading women in cybersecurity, learn from their stories and host discussions that look to inspire better gender diversity in the cybersecurity sector.
Sessions will provide
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.
IBM’s essential and transformative role in the world is a reminder that few companies have the trust, talent and ingenuity to help clients solve their greatest challenges the way IBM can. IBM is reshaping its future as a hybrid cloud and AI platform company.
(ISC)² is an international, nonprofit membership association for information security leaders like you. We’re committed to helping our members learn, grow and thrive. More than 150,000 certified members strong, we empower professionals who touch every aspect of information security.
Become a sponsor!
Fully integrated event sponsorship opportunities are available to help you achieve specific business objectives and maximise your brand’s exposure before, during and after the event.
09:50am – 09:55 am
Welcome Remarks and Explanation of features of the platform
10:00am – 10:05am
Keynote: The Importance of Diversity and the Benefits to Business Performance
- How companies thrive when they place diversity at the heart of their organisation
- What initiatives are most effective
- How the cyber security industry can flourish by attracting more women into roles
Saba Ahmed, Senior Security Consulting Manager, Accenture Security UKI
10:10am – 10:45am
Panel Discussion: Influencers and Industry Role Models Discuss the Impact of the past 12 months
Cyber security is an industry which is growing and offers job security, so why aren’t we seeing more women?
The fear factor – what is putting men off supporting women?
The impact of the pandemic on roles for women – the positives and negatives of working from home
Naina Bhattacharya, CISO, Danone
Jenny Radcliffe, The People Hacker, Founder & Director of Social Engineering
Andrew Elliot, Deputy Director – Cyber Security, Cyber Security and Digital Identity Directorate, Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport
Chaired by Jane Frankland, CEO at KnewStart, director of women in Cyber Academy, founder InSecurity Movement, global digital ambassador, World Assessment Council, founding member of #Women4Cyber
10:50am – 11:25am
We know the stories, but what is the reality of women’s representation within the sector in numbers? How Have Women Succeeded In the Sector So Far?
- Why does Cyber Security have an image problem and how to address it?
- What opportunities have emerged since the start of the pandemic with vast swathes of the workforce being based at home?
- Gain tips on how to progress in the industry
Darren Argyle, Group CISRO, Standard Chartered Bank
Jane Frankland, director of women in Cyber Academy, founder InSecurity Movement, global digital ambassador, World Assessment Council, founding member of #Women4Cyber
11:30am – 12:15pm
Developing a growth MindsetWhy curiosity is a superpower and essential for career progression?
- How to harness the skills of your workforce for better business results
- How to turn failure into success
Dee Deu, CISO, Xoserve
The Leadership Skills ToolkitWhat do you need to learn to progress from middle manager to leader?
- What are the most important skills for Cyber Security leaders?
- How do you get yourself noticed and advance your career?
Freha Arshad, Senior Manager, Accenture
Working in the Virtual WorldHow can you stand out in a world of virtual meetings with 20+ participants?
- Discuss how to communicate effectively in a virtual world
- Learn tips for making yourself heard on zoom meetings and events
- How can you increase your social media presence?
Lisa Ventura, CEO and founder, UK Cyber Security Association
Lunch and Screen Break
Interview: A Leader’s Story: How have they overcome challenges in their career and supported diversity?
- Taking the road less traveled – learn why this leader chose a career in cyber security
- Hear concrete examples of how diversity has lead to greater innovation
- How do you continue your career development and your desire to grow when there are so few women to follow?
Data Presentation: STEM, Training & Hiring: What are the systems and processes that need to be put in place to create a more gender diverse future workforce?
- How AI (Artificial Intelligence) can be utilised to support diversity?
- What training can be given company-wide?
- What recruitment strategies have been shown to work?
Professor Alison Wakefield, Co-Director, Cybersecurity and Criminology Centre, University of West London
Panel Discussion: Practical Tips for Allies -How everyone can play a part in improving gender diversity in the industry?
- What male allies can do to support and encourage women into the industry
- Inclusive recruitment – how to broaden your company’s appeal
- Building your culture – how to bring disparate groups together and create an environment where people want to stay
- How to foster a sense of belonging
Rowenna Fielding, Director, Miss IG Geek Ltd
Julian Meyrick, Managing Partner & Vice President, Security Strategy Risk & Compliance, IBM Security
Deshini Newman,Managing director,(ISC)²
Giovanni Cozzolino, Managing Director, UK&I Security Lead, Accenture
Deshini Newman, Manageing Director, (ISC)²Chaired by Amanda FinchCEO, Chartered Institute of Information Security
Closing Keynote: A Vision for the Future Cybersecurity Workforce
Amanda Finch, ,CEO Chartered Institute of Information Security