Accredited event by the
Missed out on the first SC Digital Congress? All content is available online on-demand for 3 months!
The first event of the Cyber Risk and Resilience Series, ‘Understanding and Managing Cyber Risk’, boosted attendees knowledge of current risks and helped determine system vulnerabilities. It delivered business critical content from a CISO perspective, which provided attendees with the tools they needed to identify, assess and test their cyber security.
Key questions that were answered:
The main focus areas were
The Key Themes were
*Please note all timings are Greenwich Meantime
**Agenda & speakers are subject to change
Welcome Remarks & Explanation of Features of Digital Platform
Data Download Presentation: The Cyber Security Year In Stats and Facts
- An update on the latest and most sophisticated attacks including: Mitre, APT, DOS & DDOS
- The growing trend in advanced persistent threats - what you need to know and the numbers behind the most recent attacks
- The latest ransomware and malware developments: Spear phishing and beyond
360 Viewpoint & Lesson Sharing Panel Discussion: A Review of 2020: What were the biggest attacks, changes in cybersecurity, how did we deal with them and how does it prepare us for the future?
Having security protocols, policies, and procedures in place that worked before the pandemic do not mean that those same controls will serve the ever-changing “new normal.” As companies are reopening and personnel and resources are coming back to the office, CISOs are once again challenged to make decisions fueled by corporate pressures.
- How have attacks changed with a remote workforce? How will this continue to change in the ‘new normal’ hybrid working environment?
- Is the new hybrid remote and office working environment the biggest cyber security risk to face CISOs and IT security professionals?
- How have you hardened your colleague’s home environment? Can your SOC reach it? Will this now need to be included in the process of onboarding new hires?
- The Lockdown Rush to Cloud migration: was it worth it and what do you do now to continue to secure your network and cloud?
Presentation: Security Leadership in the time of COVD-19
COVID-19 has massively accelerated the adoption of cloud and new ways of working outside our traditional offices. CISOs are facing the biggest leadership test of their careers right now as we must push to be the trailblazers within the company and not the laggards chasing or even hindering progress. How do we know we’re doing this right? How do we know we’re measuring the right things? Delivering on the right priorities? The world has changed. Remote working in the age of COVID has changed the threat landscape and security culture and behaviours are changing with it.
Show Me the Money: Where can you cut costs and find financial efficiencies in your Cyber Security Strategy?
Moving forward CISOs and IT professionals will be put under enormous pressure to reduce costs as a result of the economic crisis. This session will show you how to put forward the business case to not reduce spending on cyber security. And if you are unsuccessful, if you have to cut where should you cut to have the least impact?
Lunch & Screen Break
Presentation: Vulnerability handling, Threat-hunting and Threat intelligence for Remote and Hybrid Working Environments
- Gain insight on the current threat landscape
- Understanding IOT vulnerabilities and how these are a risk to your business with a remote and hybrid workforce
- How can you react quickly with a hybrid workforce that may not be as easy to communicate to?
- Using threat intelligence to take a proactive approach, identifying risks and how to mitigate them
- Inputting threat intelligence data into your remote cyber security framework
- Demonstrating how threat intelligence can help focus resources to convey ROI to key stakeholders
The Small Business & Big Business Perspective: So You have Identified, Assessed and Tested to Understand Your Risk: What is next?
- How can you prioritise your cyber security efforts to help your reduced team and reduced budget?
- How do you secure the investment to move forward and reduce your cyber security risk?
- How can you demonstrate and justify cyber security ROI to those that hold the purse strings?
- Where do you put your money? Understanding where you can get the most return on investment in your cybersecurity investments