Accredited event by the
The recent global crisis is causing ripple effects that will have a lasting impact on businesses, increasing the risk of cyber attack. The ‘new normal’ of hybrid business environments is heightening cyber security vulnerabilities, as organisations work to protect assets both in the office and at home.
Now is the time to re-evaluate security strategies and safeguard your operations.
The first event of the Cyber Risk and Resilience Series, ‘Understanding and Managing Cyber Risk’, will boost your knowledge of current risks and help determine your systems’ vulnerabilities. Delivering business critical content from a CISO perspective, this event will provide you with the tools you need to identify, assess and test your cyber security.
Key questions that will be answered:
Main Focus Areas
*Please note all timings are Greenwich Meantime
**Agenda & speakers are subject to change
Data Download Presentation: The Cyber Security Year In Stats and Facts
- An update on the latest and most sophisticated attacks including: Mitre, APT, DOS & DDOS
- The growing trend in advanced persistent threats - what you need to know and the numbers behind the most recent attacks
- The latest ransomware and malware developments: Spear phishing and beyond
360 Viewpoint & Lesson Sharing Panel Discussion: A Review of 2020: What were the biggest attacks, changes in cybersecurity, how did we deal with them and how does it prepare us for the future?
Having security protocols, policies, and procedures in place that worked before the pandemic do not mean that those same controls will serve the ever-changing “new normal.” As companies are reopening and personnel and resources are coming back to the office, CISOs are once again challenged to make decisions fuelled by corporate pressures.
- How have attacks changed with a remote workforce? How will this continue to change in the ‘new normal’ hybrid working environment?
- Is the new hybrid remote and office working environment the biggest cyber security risk to face CISOs and IT security professionals?
- How have you hardened your colleague’s home SOC environment? Will this now need to be included in the process of onboarding new hires?
- The Lockdown Rush to Cloud migration: was it worth it and what do you do now to continue to secure your network and cloud?
Presentation: Network Security - Mapping Your Security Risk: In a Global Interconnected World Which Are the Connections You Should Be Worried About?
- 3rd party risk & your suppliers - how can you accurately evaluate the risk your supplier poses to your business?
- How can you incorporate a cyber security framework in their vendor vetting process, and conduct regular vendor risk assessments?
- Working with a small business that does not have an established cyber security infrastructure - how do you assess and mitigate their cyber security risk to you?
- What steps can you take to ensure that all involved parties embrace a sense of shared accountability?
Show Me the Money: Where can you cut costs and find financial efficiencies in your Cyber Security Strategy?
Moving forward CISOs and IT professionals will be put under enormous pressure to reduce costs as a result of the economic crisis. This session will show you how to put forward the business case to not reduce spending on cyber security. And if you are unsuccessful, if you have to cut where should you cut to have the least impact?
Pecha Kucha Presentations & Panel Discussion: Cloud Migration: Dos, Don’ts and Lessons Learnt For Rapid and Safe Cloud Migration
Due to the pandemic, many IT systems are facing unprecedented workloads. As a result, the cloud-native approach has been rapidly gaining popularity to help meet these sudden demands. Of course, proper security precautions must be built into these emerging cloud-native systems.
- How have you been building principles of cloud-native security into the enterprise?
- What role has zero-trust networking been playing in your cloud security strategy?
- What is your take on DevSecOps and advice for moving to DevSecOps?
Presentation: Identity and Access Management: Who Should Have Access to What and When?
- Do you know all of your endpoints and risks? Do you know who has access to them? If not how can you map them more accurately?
- What are the pros and cons of biometric access? Is it worth the investment?
- Meeting insurance standards for access and access management
- How do you update access efficiently with workforce changes?
Presentation: The Cyber Security of Your Customer & You: Website and Application Security
- A look at the top 10 attack chains on websites and applications
- Cart Mirroring - How can you discover mirroring early to mitigate the effect of the attack?
- Small business with a lot of website traffic? A look solutions that scale to mirror you and your business
Panel Discussion: Vulnerability handling, Threat-hunting and Threat intelligence for Remote and Hybrid Working Environments
- Understanding IOT vulnerabilities and how this are a risk to your business with a remote workforce and hybrid workforce
- How can you react quickly with a hybrid workforce that may not be as easy to communicate to?
- With a hybrid workforce of remote and office workers, is threat modelling worth the ROI?
- Inputting threat-intelligence data into your remote cyber security framework
Check out our networking facilities! Chat with speakers and other attendees by going to their profile.
Presentation: Understanding Combined Ransomware Attacks: How Mobiles Increase Your Risk to a Combined Attack
- What can we learn from the recent Twitter combined hack?
- During lockdown many employers use text messages to update employees, how can you stop the number being cloned and a text sent from an antagonist?
- You can’t test for a combined attack, but how can you test your workforce to check that they are vigilant for a combined attack?
Panel Discussion: So You have Identified, Assessed and Tested to Understand Your Risk: What is next?
- How can you prioritise your cyber security efforts to help your reduced team and reduced budget?
- How do you secure the investment to move forward and reduce your cyber security risk?
- How can you demonstrate and justify cyber security ROI to those that hold the purse strings?
- Where do you put your money? Understanding where you can get the most return on investment in your cybersecurity investments